Anyone who wants to fly with a copter in Oman must first obtain an authorization. Anyone who fails to do this can be assured that the drone will be picked up at the airport and stored until the departure. The permit has to be obtained at least 15 days before the entry at the National Survey Authority (NSA) with the following information:
- Name of the persons involved in the shooting
- Purpose of the film recordings and when they are transmitted
- “The final program” (can not interpret what is meant by this)
- Details of the flights
- Places where the drone should rise
- Description and photos of the drone which should be used
- Contact details of the person who directs the film team
During the stay you will be escorted by an employee of the NSA. For the resulting costs you have to pay 150 OMR (about 350 Euro) per day.
For my taste, these regulations are completely excessive why the Oman is a destination which will be out of the question for us.
Helpful links: Source not longer online
We have researched the listed drone regulations for Oman to the best of our knowledge. We can not guarantee the correctness of the information. If you want to be on the safe side, please contact the competent aviation authority. Alternatively, you can also ask the embassy in your country for further information about the regulations. Please leave us a comment when you receive news and/or gain experience with your copter in Oman!