Drone regulations in the Ukraine
In this post, you will learn all you need to know if you want to fly a drone in Ukraine.
Ukraine has published rules for the operation of drones rather late. It seems like the legislative process is not yet complete. Currently, the conditions listed below apply. When traveling through the Ukraine with a copter, however, you should expect the legal situation to change in the short term.
Overview: Drone rules in Ukraine
Drone labels can be ordered here
Further regulations for drone pilots in Ukraine
Flights with drones under 20 kg need not be registered if they meet the following requirements:
- The drone remains within the state border.
- A safety distance of 5 kilometers (3 miles) to airports and 3 kilometers to aerodromes is maintained.
- A distance of 500 meters to manned aircrafts is maintained.
- The flight does not take place over crowds and densely populated area.
- Sensitive areas such as military, security areas or government buildings are not overflown. Also note the below embedded map of prohibited and restricted areas.
- The drone remains within visual line of sight.
- In uncontrolled airspace, the altitude does not exceed 120 meters, in controlled airspace 50 meters. Above static obstacles, the altitude is 50 meters at a horizontal distance of not more than 100 meters.
- The maximum speed is 160 km/h.
We have researched the listed drone regulations for Ukraine to the best of our knowledge. We can not guarantee the correctness of the information. If you want to be on the safe side, please contact the competent aviation authority. Alternatively, you can also ask the embassy in your country for further information about the regulations. Please leave us a comment when you receive news and/or gain experience with your copter in Ukraine!